Thursday, October 04, 2007

Thanksgiving??

Can I just say that I TOTALLY forgot that Thanksgiving was coming! I was listening to C100 on internet radio last night and was shocked when they said about Thanksgiving weekend! I'm telling you, the opposite seasons have really made holidays and birthdays confusing. You really don't realize how much you mark these events with seasons and temperatures until it's all changed and backwards! We missed celebrating Canada Day, because we remembered too late, Thanksgiving weekend, I'll be doing my dive course, so no turkey for us. Man, Christmas is going to be so strange! We'll be decorating our tree in 35 degree weather! Oh and speaking of trees...I saw artificial Christmas trees for sale the other day! At least we'll be able to get a real fake tree!

2 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

I find just being moved away from home that I forget major days. Like when Easter came...what the heck...almost slipped past me. But that could also be because I'm not working and I used to know them all based on getting a day off. Hee Hee!

Selena said...

yeah, wait till Christmas time. It never feels like Christmas here in Cal with the warmer than Canadian weather and No snow.