Sunday, October 07, 2007

Scuba Cari...

I have officially made it through the first weekend of my scuba diving course. It was a very tiring weekend. Yesterday we went from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., with only a half hour break and today from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. with only a half hour break. Phew. Can you say exhausting? Having said that, it went quite well. It was theory work, which was done in the classroom and then lots of pool work. All the basic skills and then some. There were definitely a few frustrated moments of, "I can't do it", mostly for me when it came to taking my mask off completely, while still breathing underwater through the regulator, then replacing and clearing the mask. I also took a few tries to get a couple other skills, but in the end I accomplished everything, including the 200 metre swim and 10 minutes of treading water. I think working out with Steve has paid off, because I wasn't even that out of breath! I'm still a little nervous about next weekend, because we have to do eveything that we did in the pool, in the ocean. No shooting to the surface if you get freaked out! But for now, I'll be proud of what I accomplished today, go enjoy the Thai dinner that Steve is making (can I just say that diving all day works up a serious appetite!) and try to give my poor over-worked lungs a break. I sure hope I sleep well tonight! I think it'll be an early one...

3 comments:

bcode said...

Congratulations Cari! Nice work.

I can't wait to go diving with you (when I get my certification too)!

George said...

Nice work!
Geo

Kat said...

Congrats you're almost there!