Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Long weekend

We had a really good weekend. Steve and I both took Friday off and enjoyed every minute of having a long weekend. We didn't do anything too crazy (which made it even nicer!). We spent Friday shopping for new clothes for Steve. He was in desperate need of some clothes that fit! He got some snazzy new duds and he wears them well, I must say!;)
On Saturday, Steve went to the driving range with Jeff and Vic and I got my hair cut. The chick who cut it is traveling through Australia and is originally from Ireland. She was interesting to talk to. I would really like to travel to Ireland someday. She did a really good job of my cut too! I also got Steve to dye my hair tonight. Although I like the blond highlights, they are just too much upkeep and money! So, I went el-cheapo and opted for a home color kit. It turned out okay. I'll post a pic later.
Saturday night, we went out for dinner and then drinks with friends.
Then on Sunday, we went to Redcliff beach with Rej and Clo. Steve and I had never been to that part of Redcliff...we had a great time chillin' and chattin' on the beach. Rej and Clo picked us up, which was a nice treat, since we usually have to rent a car to go anywhere. Thanks guys!
It was a little tough going back to work after a long, relaxing weekend, but the week seems to be going by fast. I'm finishing my diving course this weekend, which I'm looking forward to.
Check out a few of the pics from the weekend...

The beach was a landing zone for skydivers, so we got to see them coming in. It brought back memories!

Rej and Clo and Clo and me...

The guys and me (obviously).


A few photos that were taken at the bar (Hotel Bravo). For some reason, bars are called hotels here. It's strange.


The girl in the picture with me is Robyn. She went to McKenzie College with Steve. She lives here in Brisbane now. That's Vic and Robyn in the other shot.

Happy vs. Angry.
I have a few more things to post about, but I'm too sleepy. Tomorrow. Another day, another post...



2 comments:

Kat said...

Looking good guys and girls!
Who are those people? She's a cutie!
Glad to see you guys are well...:)

Kristi Drennan said...

Wow Robyn lives there now too! That's fun to have more people from home! I think it's weird they call bar's hotels too. Looks like you've made some more friends!