Sunday, June 17, 2007

Steve's 30th...

So, as most of you know...Steve turned 30!!! And, seeing as it was his 30th birthday and well, really, you only turn 30 once, I wanted to do something special. So, I planned a little surprise birthday dinner at a Japanese restaurant, where you grill your own food, at the table. Everyone pays one set price and for 90 minutes, they just bring out tons of food...everything from chicken to seafood to cow's tongue! (Cow's tongue is surprisingly good, by the way! Sardines...not so good...) It was a good time and I think Steve was pleasantly surprised. I had taken balloons and a cake to the restaurant earlier in the day, so I just told him that it would be the 2 of us going out for dinner. Anyway, it came together nicely...Steve didn't even seem to mind the singing of Happy Birthday, and the cake that they brought out in the restaurant (I have a video to post of this). Kate and Morgan brought champagne and we all toasted to Steve's old age (see above pic of Steve with the Champange bottle) and after dinner we went for a couple of drinks at a really cool bar, that reminded me a lot of what a bar in old Montreal would be like. You'd have to ask Steve, but all and all, I think turning 30 wasn't so bad after all...

The grill that's at the table...
Steve hard at work grilling...


I had to be sneaky with the cake. I baked it while Steve was at work and then took a cab to work, so I could hide it there, so he wouldn't know I made it. I felt like a criminal...I had to hide all the evidence. I washed and dried the dishes and threw away the garbage, so there wouldn't be a trace of baking evidence around the house!
I picked up the balloons at the party store and was planning to walk them to the restaurant, and the delivery guy was like..."Honey, you can't walk with those! The wind will take you away! I'll drive you!"...Aussies really are nice people!




I posted some videos but I still have a couple more to post, so stay tuned...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve! Looking good mate! Looks like you had an awesome time! Cheers!

Kat said...

You are a true ninja. Very funny videos! I always love your cakes!
Glad you guys had a good time...

George said...

You guys always seems to have such fun parties?

The big 30! Hmmmm....I can`t quite remember mine.

Geo