Saturday, June 30, 2007

Our Day...

This morning we woke up and very spur of the moment decided to rent a car for the day, to get some errands done, that we needed to do, without the hassle of needing to take a cab. We went to the re-conditioned wood place that Steve posted about earlier, to get the wood we need, for the coffee table that Steve is building us. I think this is coffee table #3 that he's made for us...we really need to stop moving! Anyway, I wasn't nearly as excited about going to the wood store as Steve, but I have to say, I really liked it there!! There were so many cool things just waiting to be turned into something amazing! I have a lot of projects lined up for Steve, after going there! I get the inspiration, he does the work...perfect team wouldn't you say?;)


This is what we bought...all the wood and an old sign only came to $85. Pretty good, I'd say and the cool thing is that the wood, is a wood you can't get in Canada. It's very nice...I forget what it's called but it's a type of pine.
You kind of have to dig for stuff...it's like a Frenchy's for wood. They have a lot of really amazing old stained glass windows...

This is the sign I bought...it's made of metal and Steve is going to build me a frame for it (we bought the wood today). It's an old ad for a sewing machine and it says..."The Little Woman's Best Friend"...can you imagine?! We really have come a long way as women. I'm not sure why but I've always been a bit obsessed with the way women lived in the olden days. They were true champs, or as the Aussies say, legends.

The wood we got today...Steve's sanding it as we speak...well, as I write...
Here's his genius sanding table. It's actually working quite well. We'll post more pics as our projects progress...As for the rest of our day...we headed to the beach, just cause we had a car and we could!

1 comment:

Kristi Drennan said...

I Love the passion he has!!! Ha ha ha! What a fun place to get wood.