Saturday, June 30, 2007

And...the beach...

Jesse LOVED the beach today. He swam like the Duck Toller that he is and enjoyed a few good rolls in the sand. It was a really nice day...not as chilly as it has been. Steve even went swimming. Everyone at the beach thought he was crazy. I actually had one lady come up to me and ask me if we were from overseas. I told her yes and she said..."I thought so when I saw your husband in the water!" Another man remarked to me that Steve was in fact crazy and if he was wearing a wetsuit, well, then, maybe he could see it, but bare skin was just nuts. Steve said the water was warmer than the air. I'm sure we have both swam in colder water at Rissers beach. However, I still stayed on land in my cozy down vest.
Jesse prints.

Fetching the stick. Jes loves his sticks. He didn't want anything to do with the other dogs who wanted to play. He was completely focused on the stick. There were a few dogs around. The beach becomes an off-lead dog beach after 4 p.m.



Give it a shake! We got to the beach pretty late in the day, but it was nice because we got to see the sun go down. There is also a full moon tonight, which looked very cool over the ocean.

Jesse does not look impressed.

Now the ordeal of trying to brush Jesse begins. He's shedding his undercoat at the moment and the salt water has turned him into one big mat. He's not going to like what's in store for him tomorrow!





3 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

Sooo fun! I miss the beach!!

Anonymous said...

From snow to the ocean in a couple of months! Jess is having the time of his life :)

Kat said...

Love the action shot of Jessie! Very cute!