Friday, June 29, 2007

6 km

Yesterday I was able to squeeze out a 6 km run at lunch, felt good. It was a very sunny, cool day so it was good weather for a run. I ran all around New Farm, which meant I was running along the Brisbane River for 90% of the time. There's some really beautiful houses and yachts along the route, which made for some good eye candy. It took me about 40 minutes to do the 6 k's, I kept it at a slow pace for the whole time and still felt as if I could go a couple more km when I reached work. I'll do 2 more 6 km runs next week along with two, 4 km runs, then bump it up to 8km the week after. I should be good to go for the 10 km, July 22nd fun walk/run race.
A note to George, spend the money on good shoes if your running....I just got a pair of Adidas and it makes such a difference. Money well spent. I also got last years "style" so it was on sale. Sales are good.


Steve (sore legs) Dickinson

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm first.

Great post Steve. You may remember me as being unfit when you last saw me, well since you left I've gotten in pretty good shape. So good luck with your excersise.

All the best to Cari and Big J.

Paul.

Anonymous said...

Very impressive! That's 6 more than I can run!