Sunday, November 16, 2008

Catching up...

Last night, I caught up with a couple of friends that I used to work with at the clinic. Kristy is due to have her first baby in 2 weeks (the 30th of November is her due date). We all been busy and haven't seen each other much, so we thought we'd better get together now, before Kristy gets busy with a wee little one! We went to the Himalayan Cafe, just around the corner from my house. Not sure if I've ever mentioned that place before, but it's amazing! I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for a place to dine in Brisbane! We also stopped by the bakery just beside it for take away desserts. That place is also really yummy, with lots of choice! I had such a great time, just chatting and catching up. I really miss working with Kristy and Chiemi! It's just so relaxed and chilled when we all hang out! I had a great time last night...thanks Guys!:)
Me and Chiemi at the restaurant...
After desserts and tea at my house, Chiemi gave Kristy some labour inducing acupuncture...
...lots of needles in Kristy cute little puffy pregnancy feet! Hopefully it helps! Fingers crossed!
And of course, there were presents! What is it about baby stuff that just makes you smile? It all looks so cute and zen! I made one of those no sew fleece blankets in the most adorable fabric! Kristy doesn't know what she is having, so I had to keep it neutral. I followed the directions here... http://www.exploringwomanhood.com/homelife/ideas/pom-jan03.htm ...in case anyone wants to make one. I made one a couple years ago as a baby gift, but couldn't remember exactly what I did, so the directions helped refresh my memory!

Thanks again girls for a lovely evening!


2 comments:

Clotilde said...

I read all about how to make the blankie. Great idea!

Kat said...

You look great!

Very cute blanket idea :)