Monday, August 25, 2008

What we've been up to...

On Saturday, my hottie hubby and I went to a couple of little towns on the sunshine coast called Maleny and Montville. They are adorable little touristy towns filled with cute shops and cafes. They reminded me a lot of Lunenburg and Mahone Bay at home, which I LOVE! (http://www.town.lunenburg.ns.ca/ and http://www.mahonebay.com/). We poked around Maleny in the morning, Steve bought buns for our picnic at a little bakery...
They are having a Canadian Film Festival at the end of the month! I wonder if it would be worth going back for...?
Then we headed to Lake Baroon Dam, which is the lake that the towns are by, to have a picnic. It was pretty there but a little chilly!
AND we had to eat very quickly because the Kookaburras were mean! Steve had just taken his chicken leg out and put it on his plate, when a big one came swooping in, landed right on his plate and took his entire chicken leg! It then proceeded to beat the leg on the tree to get the meat off the bone. We didn't even see him coming! We did see them after that, however...we had 3 eyeing us the whole time we were eating! We kept a close eye on them too and needless to say, it wasn't a very relaxing picnic for me, the bird disliker!
It really was a very pretty town...gorgeous country views...
This little building is Montville's state school...I'm thinking there might be 2 classrooms, maybe 3...I love that! I'm not sure that kids that grow up there would though...
Montville was just adorable...very cute shops...

Surprisingly, I didn't really buy anything (except for a cow bell because, well, I love cow bells!)but really enjoyed looking and got some inspiration and ideas for a few things that I would like to make for Christmas.
On Sunday, Steve and I went riding with Rej, Clo and Dan. I was pretty nervous after the last time, when I hurt myself quite badly. I was actually surprised at how nervous I felt, but slowly got more comfortable as I went. I think I need more practice, so I get more confident!

In other news, I've started making some stuff for Christmas! I know it seems early, but it's really not when you have heaps to make and get mailed to Canada by December! Plus, to be honest, it feels more like Christmas now than it will when it's closer to December, so I feel really inspired to make some stuff while it's still a little chilly! I went over to Clo's house on Sunday evening and did some crafting with her and had a great time chatting, creating and sipping tea...time really flies when you do that stuff...so much fun! I can't show you what I'm making because well, you might be getting it for Christmas, but here's a photo of my crafting table, where I was working...

That's all for now! I'm missing everyone like crazy lately, so if you're reading this, take a minute and leave me a comment, pleeeease...I'd LOVE to hear from you!:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I posted some really cut4e pics of my vacation on facebook...check them out there is a really cute one of Mitt, Granny and I.

Anonymous said...

Howdy do:

You must take me to those cute little places when I get to pop down to see you. I would love that. The biking looks like so much fun, you look so athletic!! Call me soon for a 4 hour chat.

Love anonymous ~ CS

Anonymous said...

We miss you too :o) You should give me a call sometime. I'd love to have a chat. It's been too long!

Clotilde said...
This comment has been removed by the author.