Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Just cause...


I bought myself some tulips the other day, just cause...just cause they reminded me of our wedding and that makes me smile, just cause I was feeling a bit blue and I knew seeing them on my kitchen table would cheer me up and just cause tulips remind me of spring and I'm way ready for spring. I'm tired of feeling cold in my house. I'm not sure if it's the same here as Canada, but at home, when the tulips come out in the stores, spring has sprung. If the tulips aren't a sign that spring is here, I think the geckos that are back, around our outdoor lights each evening are! Plus, it's definitely been warmer at night and first thing in the morning. Yup, I think the subtle signs of a Brisbane spring are in full swing. Won't be long and we'll be complaining about the heat;) In the meantime, I'll just enjoy my tulips. I love tulips.

4 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

pretty!! sometimes you just gotta do stuff like that! Glad spring is coming for you!

Kat said...

yep, they are definitely my fav...esp. the parrot ones.

Clotilde said...

I think Daffodil Day last Friday was supposed to mark the begining of the "bulb blooming season". So yes, spring is coming! ;)

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

Oh, I love tulips too!
I remember when I was in Canada how beautiful they were. Spring is almost here Cari!
Mariana
I hope you don't mind I read your blog ocasionally ;)