Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Merry Early Christmas

Well, today we welcomed a new addition to the Dickinson family. A 2007 Toyota Yaris...Sporting a peppy 1.3 Litre engine, a/c, mp3 player and at 6.4 litres of gas per 100km she'll go to hell and back on one tank of gas. We ended up getting a manual, so after we picked it up, Cari took me to a quite street and started teaching me how to drive a stick. She said I did really good, I seemed to do best on the hills for some reason. I'm not ready for the main streets yet, but give it a couple more lessons and I'll be there. We decided to stop when the car started to smell like burnt popcorn.


Got a hatch back so Jesse will have a nice spot to hang out in when were coming back from the beach

Steve (now owes an Aussie bank money) Dickinson

7 comments:

Kat said...

WOW! So nice! Very smart choice :)

Selena said...

Congrats on the car.

Anonymous said...

Cute car, you guys picked the colour very tastefully. And if you're a bit like us, you'll love the MP3 player.

So, when are you picking us up for a spin?

MacPurdys said...

Ah, nice car guys!! I'm sure you'll enjoy the freedom of a new vehicle!

Stac

KrisZadziuk said...

Burn't popcorn... Good on hills... Sounds like you are enjoying clutch control and smooth gear shifting.

Driving stick is for real men and of course women (sorry Cari)

Anonymous said...

Hey,, Nice wheels, you guys are
movin on up !! Hey Cari could
you post your new address so Santa
can find you guys in a couple of
weeks !
Joe and Kathy
P.S Max and Tyson say Hi Jesse

George said...

Nice. A gal at work has one and loves it.Good call.

Cari can drive a stick? Really! Well I`ll be danmned.....how come I never learned? Oh yeah.....she`s the baby and got all the perks.(wink)

Geo