Tuesday, September 04, 2007

What we've been up to...

We had a pretty busy weekend. On Friday night, Steve's work held their monthly beer and pizza night. They order about a zillion pizzas, lots of beer and have all the employees and significant others come to hang out. It's a nice way to socialize and get to know people. After that, Steve and I went downtown and did a little shopping. I got 2 new dresses for $30! That's right...I am the QUEEN of deals! :) We also bought some exercise stuff...a stability ball, a medicine ball and weights. Steve and I have started working out together in the mornings before work. It's actually a lot of fun, mostly because we're doing it together. It's fun to have someone motivating you and challenging you. We're both hoping to get our butts into shape for our cruise at Christmas....that's right, I said CRUISE! Yippee!...we booked our first Australian vacation. We're going to take a cruise all around the Great Barrier Reef. We fly to Cairns on December 30th and get on the boat on December 31st. We are on the boat until January 4th (so Monday to Friday) and then we fly home on Saturday, January 5th. The cruise includes, snorkling, diving and hiking. I am really excited! Should be fun! Speaking of diving...I also got my diving stuff on Saturday (see pic....yes, we do photograph everything!). Steve also got a new mask and flippers and we're both waiting for the snorkles we want to come in (they were all sold out). I got fitted for my wetsuit (I got it for free, as part of the sign up deal and it's really nice...a 5mm wetsuit valued at $450!). All that's left to get is a wetsuit for Steve and we're good to go! He has other stuff from before. For details about the rest of our weekend...keep reading the posts below. I will just add that we went to see the new Borne movie on Sunday and really liked it! Amazing how good it still is, for a 3rd movie! I really liked the cinema that we saw it at...it was very old-fashioned, had lots of character AND it only cost $6.90 each on a Sunday night! That's cheap compared to the place we usually go to downtown that costs $14 each! Jesse is having a hard time understanding why he can't play with these balls. He knows he can't have them, but that doesn't stop him from guarding them and barking in hopes of us changing our minds and letting him have them! What a snugs!

4 comments:

Kat said...

Cool gear. I'm very excited for you! Glad to hear that you guys are getting away as well...

George said...

The Swiss balls are awesome for core strength workouts especially if you incorporate medicine balls into the workout.

Last winter I focused on core strength and it improved my cycling as well as relieved my lower back issues so I can start running again.

Geo

MacPurdys said...

Well, good luck with the diving. And have fun with the cruise...sounds like a great time!

Kristi Drennan said...

Soooooo jealous you are going on a cruise...mind you I'm jealous of your whole life!! Keep living it up!!!