Sunday, September 09, 2007

Sunday Adventures...

We woke up early, as we always do, even when we're determined to sleep in. We were debating how we wanted to spend our Sunday, when Steve suggested we rent a car and head to the beach. I thought it was a great idea, especially considering the sun was shining and it was already warm at 8 a.m. The days have been getting longer and warmer. I was thinking today that as much as the "winter" was chilly, it's nice to know that the warm weather is going to be around for the next 6 to 8 months. Pretty nice and really makes those 2 "cold" months seem not so bad. Anyway, before heading to the beach, we decided to spice up our usual Sunday morning bacon and eggs, by eating it in the park. We packed up the food, dishes and dog and went to New Farm Park. It's a nice park, right on the river and it has outdoor grills for cooking. It's common here in Brisbane for families and friends to gather in the parks, cook and hang out. I think it's wonderful! Such a cheap way to have a great time! Steve did the cooking while I tried to entertain Jes (he was slightly obsessed with getting in the water and cried for the first half of our breakfast...who needs kids when you have a Jesse?!).
Here's a few pics from our first brekky in the park...
Okay, so the grill looks a bit disgusting but the food tasted great!

Voila! Buckwheat pancakes with berries and maple syrup, bacon and eggs. It was really nice eating outside in the sunshine! It reminded me a bit of camping!

The park...
That's the grill in the above pic.
Oh and as we were walking back to the car, a bird swooped at me and hit me in the head!!! It scared the crap out of me! I didn't even see it coming! I jumped so bad that I hurt my neck and felt something pull! Then, just as Steve turned to laugh at me, it swooped at him and clipped his ear with it's wing! Apparently, birds hate us. This is not helping me to move past my fear of birds!
Then it was off to the beach. We wanted to take Jesse swimming as a special birthday treat. He turns 6 tomorrow (Sept. 10th). Hard to believe we've had him for 6 years! The beach was beautiful. It was about 25 degrees and even the water was warm. Jesse had a great time, as always! He's getting quite brave in the waves and ventures out pretty deep. It's funny cause he'll go out, see a big wave coming and turn and try to out run it to shore. He got dunked a few times, but didn't seem to mind!
And here's a few pics from the beach today...

Not sure what this is, but it was on the beach.
Jesse likes to roll. It's especially messy when it involves salt water and a sandy beach. He's getting brushed tomorrow. Happy birthday Jesse!...did I mention that he hates being brushed?
The beach was the most busy we've ever seen it and it still looked like this...

Jesse listening for something. When we say, "Jeddy...listen!", he reacts like this...


My handsome boys. I was thinking today, as I relaxed at the beach...I'm really enjoying life these days. I'm feeling better health wise, Steve is feeling good and getting himself healthy, we're living in Australia and trying new and exciting things, we're seeing amazing things...life is good. Really good.







3 comments:

KrisZadziuk said...

Wheres the rest of Steve?

I've been slack on the blogging after my return to the UK, had so much stuff going on. Will return to blogger with a vengence, like Die Hard 3 (with avengence) soon.

Take it easy guys, still great to see what you are up too.

Kris

bcode said...

Wow breakfast in the park is such a good idea and looks delicious!

The bird that swooped you was probably a magpie. Around this time of year they will swoop you if you near their territory. If you wear sunglasses on the back of your head it is supposed to help. Weird.

What beach was that?

Kat said...

Happy B-day Jess! To many more years of yummy vaseline! xox