Friday, September 28, 2007

Finally some posts!

Okay, so I am playing serious catch up! Here's a bit of what we've been up to...well, at least the highlights of it! Last weekend, we went back to Byron Bay, this time with Jeff and Vic. Steve and I rented bodyboards for the first time. We had SO much fun! Not really thinking that we mastered it as a skill but had a blast trying! We also checked out the lighthouse that's in Byron Bay. It's the most easterly point on the Australian Mainland and the views from the top, where the lighthouse is, are terrific! I still like Byron Bay just as much as ever and we're hoping that maybe we can do a romantic weekend away there soon! Enjoy the pics!
Living on the edge...literally! This is the take off ledge for the paragliders. I can't imagine the first time you take off. It's pretty high! You have to wonder if it's going to work! There were a couple of paragliders about, but by the time we stopped and I had my camera, they were gone.

What a hottie!

The guys played a bit of football on the beach. I don't think people knew what they were doing! Everything football related here is rugby!

Waiting to catch a wave...

Fun, fun!

I really want to buy a bodyboard. I think I'd also like to try a surf lesson.
Me in my wetsuit. I'm such a wimp!

There were only about 2 people on this beach! I want to go to this one next time!
The car we rented was very....purple! Steve and I are now preferred Avis customers, so on slow days, they upgrade your car for the same price as the cheap one. We asked for a corolla level car and got this purple thing instead. I was actually embarrassed thinking that someone would think we bought a car this color! At the beach, one guy yelled..."Nice color mate!", as we drove past!

Byron bay lighthouse.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the car was cute! But hey it could have been worse it could have been hot pink or zebra striped.