Sunday, September 09, 2007

Another weekend...

This weekend, we decided not to make any plans and it turned out awesome! We had such a great weekend, doing whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted. We got some stuff done around the house, did some shopping and on Saturday we took a walk around the city and checked out some areas that we have never seen before. We walked past the Maritime Museum (see pic above of some of what it has there), but didn't go in because it was too late in the day by the time we got there. We're going to go back another day. We did go to the Museum of Brisbane, which was really more of an art gallery than a museum, but we did get to go to the top of the clock tower, which was fun.
This is the clock tower...

and the views from the top...


Here's a few random pics of things that we saw/did as we walked around...

Steve with his messy ice cream cone.
Our walk took us through the Botanical Gardens, which were much prettier than the last time we were there. That whole week of rain really helped to brighten things up! I love the pink tree. I see those around Brisbane a lot. I find it amazing how such a huge tree flowers. In Canada, it's usually only shrubs that flower like that, not big tall trees.
I think this is called a "Traveler's Palm". It's cool....it looks like a giant fan.
Palm trees on the roof of the building. It's funny how palm trees have become so common to me. I remember always wanting to travel to a place that had plam trees and now I see them everywhere I go!

The water dragons have come out of hibernation! I was a bit stressed out though. As we were watching this little guy, 2 little kids came up and started invading his space and then one of the kids kicked him! And the father was standing right there! I would be furious if that were my kid! HELLO! Teach your kid some respect for nature and the critters that live in it! Then, just as I was calming down from that...

...we see this chick, who picked up one of the wild water dragons. The dragon obviously didn't want to be picked up and right after we snapped this pic, it bit/scratched her and ran off. Good water dragon. You'd think that she would have learned her lesson, but nope...she proceeded to chase the poor thing and try to catch him again!

This is her chasing it! I was beside myself! I wanted to go chase her and see how she liked it! Man, people suck. I think she thought she was cool, but I think everyone watching thought she was an idiot. I know the water dragon did.
We came back home and enjoyed a lovely shrimp stir-fry (just a little something I whipped up...well...okay...Steve whipped up, while I drank wine and talked his ear off!).

We went to bed early. We were pooped. And that was Saturday.












5 comments:

Kat said...

Nice pics!
Love the one of the clock tower and of you. Your hair is getting so long!
Glad you guys had a great time.

Shannon said...

I think you must have the best camera ever because your photos are always fantastic.

MacPurdys said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Crazy lady chasing the water dragon! She had too much time much on her hands!!

Anonymous said...

You should have stole her purse and ran with it and seen if she was more interesting in the dragon.

Kristi Drennan said...

love your adventures! and love that dress!!!