Sunday, May 27, 2007

Welcome Jeff!

So, Jeff has joined us on the other side of the world. One down, only how many to go? He got here on Friday night and is staying with us until he gets an apartment. We went for drinks Friday night and saw a little of the Brisbane night life. Saturday was spent walking around the city, sight-seeing. Then, last night Vic came over to our house and we had a bbq. Today, Jeff and Steve did some exploring and I did some shopping. I FINALLY found a decent pair of black dress pants at a decent price. Shopping really is crap here. My overall opinion hasn't changed on this. I'm not sure what's in style right now in Canada but I'm sure it's better than here! Usually when I go shopping, I love everything. Here, no joke, I have to REALLY look to find something worth buying. AND that's not just looking for something cheap, it's just looking for ANYTHING. Anyway, enough complaining...I did get a couple of cute shirts and the pants today, but who would think it'd be so hard to find a simple, cute black cardigan?? Everything here is WAY oversize and frumpy. Okay...onto the pics...here's a few from the weekend. Oh and by the way, I think Jeff brought the rain with him because it's rained pretty hard for the last 2 nights and it's raining tonight.
The Three Musketeers.
Of course, the beautiful Jesse.
Steve at his work. We stopped by for Jeff to see his future place of employment.
Saturday morning breakfast. That was some good juice. Orange, carrot and ginger juice, straight up, nothing added at all. And brekkie was only $4! That's awesome for here, seeing as eating out is pretty expensive! We went to a cafe that Jeff read in his book is one of the best breakfast places in Brisbane. It wasn't too bad. It was called the Fat Boys Cafe.
Tough guys.


A weird yellow bug on Jeff's shoe.


I'm sorry, he's just a beautiful puppy.
Jeff has a really nice camera...Steve wants one...

Ooops...for some reason I posted this pic twice but what usually happens when I try to delete one pic, is all the pics get deleted, so I'm leaving it. Anyway, welcome Jeff! It's nice to see a familiar face!








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So the roommate has arrived! Looks like you had a great time, the pics are great!
Could you please send me your mailing address in an e-mail?

Kat said...

Everytime I see your pics., I think that you are on some extended vacation!
I keep having to tell myself, "she lives there now!"
That's great that you are helping Jeff out, and I like the Spaceship at Steve's work.
P.S. Have you noticed any changes in Jessie since you got him back?

MacPurdys said...

Welcome Jeff! Hope you enjoy yourself!! Your "groupies" here are very sad that you're gone!!

Kristi Drennan said...

Well I wish I could be recruited there!!! They must need RCMP somehow!!! Ha ha ha! Sounds like a fun weekend...keep living it up!

Anonymous said...

Hello all
buy celexa online
This is where one can take advantage of the Celexa as it helps to maintain the balance between neurotransmitters, assisting people to get rid off severe depression.
[url=http://www.bestofdefleppard.com/]celexa pills[/url]
It has been proven that depression is normally resulted when there is an imbalanced among the neurotransmitters.
http://www.bestofdefleppard.com/ - celexa pills
They may increase their dose to 40 mg in accordance to their need after a week of continuous Celexa intake.