Monday, May 07, 2007

Snorkling

We went snorkling while we were there. I wore a wetsuit because I'm always cold. I know, make fun of me all you want but I have totally become climatized to Australia's weather. Anything under 30+ degrees and I'm cold. It was about 28 degrees with no humidity yesterday and I wore a sweatshirt most of the day. It's really quite sad and pathetic, I know...
Snorkling was really cool. There are 6 shipwrecks just offshore from the beach and you snorkle all around them. They have been there forever and there's some really interesting coral and vegetation growing off of them. The fish were pretty cool too...very colorful!
The wrecks...



Not sure what these are but they were cool...

I thought I would get tired because the ships are offshore but you really don't. Snorkling is very relaxing and the wetsuit helps to keep you afloat.
The seagulls were really mean to each other! They were seriously territorial over food and water. I ran the outdoor shower to rinse my feet and one seagull freaked out at another seagull because it tried to move in on the water puddle. I felt bad that they were so thirsty:(
This was the outdoor aquarium that they have there. It had some cool stuff in it.

Lunch. Apparently, the plates were burning Steve's hands off.
The resort was older but still very nice. It had lots to do there.




2 comments:

Kat said...

That looked like a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

What the??? Why did all those boats sink in that spot??? I sthis a stupid question because I am very confused!
And yes you are sad and pathetic...we are just coming out of winter and 10C feels like summer! Actually, it was 28 and boiling today...felt great:)