Saturday, May 19, 2007

Look who FINALLY came home!

Jesse arrived at our house today around 3:30 p.m. I had butterflies all day waiting to see him. I woke up at 7 a.m. because I was too excited to sleep. It was so nice to see Jesse again. He has gained A LOT of weight. I was actually pretty upset when I saw how much weight he gained, but I guess that's to be expected. He has probably been eating cheap crap food for 4 months and hasn't had a bit of exercise in a month. It's our goal to really get him to shed some pounds over the next few months. Other than that, he was a little stinky but basically the same ole dog. He seemed happy to see us, but again, as I expected, he was a little overwhelmed by his new surroundings and was more interested in the yard than us, at first. We we're worried that he might have picked up some bad habits but he seems better behaved than ever! I think he may have actually realized that he is a dog and not a spoiled human! I'm wondering if they were really strict with him...Anyway, I'm not complaining. He hasn't barked AT ALL (which shocked us, we were thinking he would be used to barking), he's been listening SO well, and he even turned down a treat! (this worried me at first but I think he may have actually got used to not having treats in the kennel and quarantine). We're taking advantage of the new and setting new rules. Jes isn't allowed inside the house, past the tiles in our kitchen. He can go on the entry tiles (this is where he'll sleep at night and he can go in the yard and under the house). It's taking some patience on our part but he seems to be catching on quickly. He really seems to love the yard and seems to be quite content hanging out back there. We took him to the dog park up the street and a short walk, which he loved as much as he ever did! I'm happy that he still knows all the same things that I used to say to him. I asked him if he wanted to go for a walk and he got so excited and starting whining, so I was happy! Same ole Snugs! We're really glad to have him back, safe and sound. Tomorrow, he'll need a good bath, a good hair cut and a manicure, but other than that, he seems good to go. Phewf! Of course, some pics...The above one is what dropped Jesse off at our house.
A sleepy puppy. He really only just settled down a little while ago. I'm curious to see what he'll be like tonight. He's been used to a new schedule.

He loved his toys! We brought some of his toys from Canada and he found his favorite ball right away.

On his new bed. He really likes his bed, I think he got used to being on a dog bed at the kennel.
It's cute, he likes just hanging out in the yard and he watches me in the kitchen. I took this pic from the kitchen window. See how dead our grass is? The drought is really showing these days.
This is as far as Jesse is allowed to go in the house. He's not allowed on the hardwood. Just the tile and his bed. It's mostly because that's our renting rules but also, it will help with the dog hair and keeping our house clean.
Welcome home Jes! We really missed you!!!




5 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

You must be on cloud nine!!!! I bet he's glad to be with you guys again. And I'm sure once you get him out playing again he'll be shedding any extra pounds. It's like he went away to college and came back and his parents are getting him back to tip top shape ha ha ha ha! Though I can't really tell that he's gained anything from the pictures...but a mom knows right! Ha ha ha! Glad you've got him back. "you want twips jeddie" "tells you're mudder" "o mon quintas" he he he

Selena said...

Hey Cair and Steve, glad you got your baby back safe and sound. He looks good. I bet this weekend will be the best weekend of them all. Have fun with him!!!!

Anonymous said...

YOUPPI!!!! I'm so glad that Jesse is back home with you! He probably has changed certain habits because of his surrounding for the last little bit...but I'm sure he will be back to being the old Jess in a little while. Nothing that a little love from mama can't fix!

Anonymous said...

He looks very handsome, and I also noticed that he is smiling in everyone of his pictures!

Kat said...

He looks beautiful.