Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Budget

I read this while reading an article about emergency funds, which by the way everyone reading this blog better have one, or like us are building one now...get on that...Anyway, I wanted Cari to read it, but if I email it to her she'll just leave it for later then never end up reading it. So I'll paste it here.

"A budget can improve your marriage. A good budget is not just a spending plan; it's a communication tool. Done right, a budget can bring the two of you closer together as you identify and work towards common goals and reduce arguments about money. That's got to be good for your sex life!"

I agree with this statement with all my heart. Some of you who know me well, know that I am a budget Nazi, I am proud of this fact, and in time it will serve us well. Cari is very supportive of my obsession, but now and again I think she would like to jam the budget so far up my ass that I'd be pooping numbers for days...


Steve (is that a need.... or a want?) Dickinson

3 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

That's hot Steve...real hot! Ha ha ha! But I agree with you on the whole budget thing. I actually enjoy doing it with Matt...it's fun to work towards a common goal and see the progression behind it.

Kat said...

Hello? Anyone there? Next post please...;)
How's the shower situation going?
How's Jessie, how's work? How are the big bugs? Anymore funny eggs? Are you liking Vegemite yet? How's your belly?
:)

MacPurdys said...

Ah, Steve. You're still a nerd. Keep the budget going!!!

Stac (you're catching up to my age!!) MacPurdy