Sunday, May 20, 2007

Our day...

Today was one of my favorite days since we moved here. I think just having Jesse here with us made it perfect. We woke up early (we always do...for some reason, it's impossible to sleep in past 7 here!), had breakfast and headed out for a long walk around the city. The weather that we have here at this time of year is perfect for Jesse. He couldn't have arrived at a better time. It's always sunny and warm, but never hot. We walked all around the city, including all along the waterfront and we picked up lunch and ate at the Botanical Gardens park. It's insane how much attention Jesse attracted! Everyone stopped to ask about him and pat him! Jesse was a gentleman with everyone, including the little girl who's idea of patting was a little rough. Anyway, after our walk, we came home, relaxed and then made a homemade soup for lunches this week and buckwheat pancakes for brekkie. It makes following this strict food diet so much easier if I plan ahead! Anyway, after a very yummy dinner, that Steve made, we headed out for yet another walk in the park by our house. I wasn't joking when I said that it's our goal to get Jesse skinny again! I think Jes had a good time. I know I sure did! I don't want to go to work tomorrow:( Steve has tomorrow and Tuesday off and it's going to be hard to get up and go! Below are some pictures from our walk...




This picture is what Brisbane looks like at the moment. Very brown...
...This picture is what the parts of Brisbane that use recycled water and can actually water the lawn look like. Big difference! You are only allowed to water outside if you use recycled water. I saw a sign today saying that the water supply is now critical. We have been asked to limit our showers to only 4 minutes, which I find pretty much impossible!



Hope everyone is having a nice long weekend in Canada!




5 comments:

Missa's adventures said...

It's great taking walks when the weather is so nice! Does Jesse mind staying outside?

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on the latest Jesse news...glad to hear that he's doing so well!!!

Welcome Home Jesse!
Stacey and Darryl

Kristi Drennan said...

looks like good times with the pup! I love the palm trees with the berry thingy's! 4 minute showers....who can do that? Maybe Steve should give you two of his minutes ha ha ha. And how do they recycle the water?

Anonymous said...

Welcome home to Jesse! Looks like he enjoyed the day too!I am glad to hear he is back with with you guys and that all is well.

Kat said...

You guys are good. I'd be like, ok you can sleep in my bed. Okay, you can take my four minutes worth of water. Are you following that rule?
That's barely enough to wash your hair! I think I'd cheat.;)
I love the tree pics!
Congrats on having your pack reunited!