Sunday, May 13, 2007

A big thank you!

Just want to send out a HUGE thank you to everyone for all the birthday wishes, snail mail cards, ecards, facebook greetings and birthday blog postings...it was very nice and helped to make my first birthday, so far from home, very special! It was a little weird to celebrate a birthday here. Technically, I got to have 2 birthdays...my Australia one and a Canadian one! hehe:) Anyhoo, thanks to my super amazing husband, I enjoyed a very relaxed and very pampered day. It started with breakfast in bed and he surprised me with a 2 and a half hour spa retreat getaway, which included a one hour massage and a one and a half hour facial. It was my first ever facial and it was AMAZING! This is where I went... www.fortitudevalley.ellabache.com.au . It really was so nice!!! Then last night we went to one of my favorite restaurants, The Pig and Whistle... http://www.pignwhistle.com.au/EagleStreet/about.htm , which is a restaurant/English pub. We actually ended up meeting up with Vic and a couple of guys he and Steve work with and enjoyed a few too many birthday drinks, but had a great time, all and all. Definitely a good birthday. Now it's on to thinking about Steve's birthday because, as I LOVE to point out, he has his 30th coming up in just one month and 2 days!! Above is a pic of Steve and I on Friday night, toasting to my last few hours as a "mid twenties" girl....

...and here's me, all ready to enjoy a night on the town as an old lady (Late twenties!!) Ahhhhh!!!
Thanks again for everything everyone! I missed you all and wished you could have been here to celebrate with me!!

4 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

Your hair looks soooo sassy!! I love it! When did you get it done?? I'm glad you had a good birthday! :)

Kat said...

You look so nice! I love your hair...Glad to hear that you had a good b-day.

George said...

Happy belated B Day Sis.

I like your hair as well.Geesh....you look so tanned and slender. I`m fat and fish belly white.

Gotta move to the Pacific.(wink)
Geo

Anonymous said...

Wow! Who is the Aussie bombshell! Mid or late twenties, you are as sexy as ever!