Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Jesse update

Jesse has arrived in Vancouver and is staying for a night in a kennel there before leaving for Sydney.

This is one of emails we recieved from our pet relocator...
"Jesse Jay was woken up very early this morning. He was willing to play even when it was still dark, cold, snowing and windy. He did his business and had a small meal and of course a few cookies before willingly entering in his crate for his trip to Vancouver. The flight is delayed. The weather is very bad in Montréal.
At the airport he was a sweetheart to everybody. Now all the Air Canada people want to go purchase a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retreiver."

She also wrote us later to tell us that Jes had landed in Vancouver and was doing well. The first lag of Jes' journey is complete...now the rough part from Vancouver to Sydney.
He's doing so well so far! He's such a good puppy! I spoke to the Quarantine place yesterday and they said I can send Jesse a care package. So, yesterday I bought him a blanket (that I slept with last night, so it smells familiar to him...yeah I'm nuts) and I am sending him some of his familiar toys and of course...treats. Never thought I'd be sending my dog a care package in the mail! I hope he likes it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly Cari...dogs like Jesse come one in a million! He's an amazing pet and I'm gonna miss him! Will you be able to visit him while he is in the Australian kennel?

Anonymous said...

Hey Cari, I would be just as excited,, after all he's one of the family......
By the way Max And Tyson want to
wish Jesse a safe trip.........

Kristi Drennan said...

Umm I love that you're sending a care package for Jesse and I really LOVE that you slept with the blanket. He'll love it. Not long now!! You're on the home stretch!

Kristie said...

he will love the blanket. it's a great idea Cari