Thursday, April 05, 2007

Funny how life is sometimes...

Well, we're just heading into a 4 day weekend here in the land down under. Easter seems to be a big deal here (although any reason to have time off is well celebrated here!). People are constantly wishing each other a Happy Easter and there's lots of gift giving. Steve got lots of chocolate from his work and I got a healthy chocolate Easter egg from my boss (no dairy and 70% real cocoa). It was yummy! Anyway, I was thinking about where we were last year at this time and realized that it really is amazing how life can change from one year to the next. Last Easter, I was doing this...



...making Easter cookies with Jesse and...



...having Easter dinner with the Purdys (before there was even a Miss Breagha Purdy!). Anyway, who'd a thought last year, that this year, we'd be in Australia and Jesse would be in a kennel awaiting his long trip to join us?! Funny, life. Anyway, I hope you all have a super Easter weekend! Steve and I have reserved a car for Saturday and Sunday and are planning to do some day trips...I'm sure I'll have pics to post, so stay tuned! Friday and Monday are lazy days, which I'm totally looking forward to!

3 comments:

Kat said...

You totally look in your element with those cookies!(so does Jessie ;) You sure are a master of your craft:)
Happy Easter!

Kristi Drennan said...

And then there's me on Easter that keeps forgetting it's Easter! I'm glad they are big on celebrating there! Makes it fun and festive! Have fun on your trips!

Anonymous said...

I wish you a Happy Easter Cari, Steve and Jesse (even though he's in Montreal). You're right life can change a lot in a short period of time--especially when one is indecisive about life and career choices. Still debating mine, as per our discussion, but the high school teacher career choice seems to be winning out. Three years vs. 6 and a better chance at getting a job, albeit less pay, I think I like the odds of knowing that there are jobs out there instead of worrying that with a "pointless" masters degree (b/c let's face it, WOMS isn't that popular) I'll just become "over qualified" rather than employed. Okay, so not the greatest Easter wish but that's where I am this Easter (after I realized it was actually Easter weekend.) Working for a company that's open 365 sucks!