Sunday, April 29, 2007

How we spent our weekend...

On Saturday, we FINALLY got to go to Ikea! I was so excited! I've been wanting to go since we moved here but because it's about a 30 minute drive outside the city and that of course involves renting a car, we waited until we had some money saved up to spend, to make the hassle of renting a car and driving there worth it. And boy, was it worth it! We got LOTS of stuff for our house, everything from chair cushions for our dining room chairs to candle holders to an area rug for our living room, to a plant stand. And that's just the beginning! We also went to a few other stores and got a few other things on our list. Steve finally got his BBQ, sorry "Man Q" as he puts it and I finally got a hair straightener! Good times, good times! Above is Steve with his BBQ. He says it's small but mighty. I have really enjoyed the steak and chicken we've made on it so far! Today, we bummed around the city. We went to 2 outdoor markets (I love how Brisbane has tons of these around the city!), did a little shopping at the mall downtown and hung out at the lagoon in Southbank. I even cheated and shared a piece of cheesecake with Steve at a cafe on the waterfront! Do you know how long it's been since I have had dairy, especially cheesecake?!? Which just happens to be my favorite dessert ever! Anyway, I don't even feel guilty and will willingly accept any bellyache that comes my way because man, that cheesecake was worth it! Cookies and cream cheesecake. Yummy! Here's a few pics of our weekend...
There were Chinese lanterns all along the waterfront. Not sure why but they looked really nice.
Steve chillin' by the pool.
Our feet.
The so yummy chessecake with real whip cream...need I say more?

Waterfront.
There are a lot of old buildings around Brisbane...which I love. Adds so much character...
The market on the waterfront. This market was HUGE! It just kept going and going...Lots of nice stuff...
How weird is this?!? A religious statue outside a tattoo and piercing place...


More waterfront.
Condos on the waterfront.
The weather was perfect today. Sunny but not hot. Just right.
There were lots of boats for sale...



The electrical boxes are painted all over the city. Apparently they paint them by theme to match the area of the city they are in. This one is by our house...I think it's supposed to be students. That's what their uniforms look like and the school is right across the street from us. All schools here wear uniforms...I think it's a good idea...Just outside the Avis, where we always rent cars. We need to get our Brisbane licences soon.
Another old building.
I think this is Steve's new picture face, since he is doing it in every picture I took of him today!





3 comments:

Kat said...

Looks like you had a fun day! I like the old builings. Is the first one called Smellie & Co.? Sweet name. lol

Anonymous said...

Gotta love IKEA! Sounds like you did some major shopping! Maybe now all the rooms in your house will be furnished :)
...that cheese cake did indeed look seriously good! I would do a lot of damage to have a taste!

Kristi Drennan said...

Oh I love you're pictures! Sounds so fun! You'll have to post what you bought at IKEA. I wish we had an IKEA!!!