Sunday, April 22, 2007

Finished rooms...

As many of you know, Steve and I have slowly been working on getting stuff for our house. After having what felt like tons of stuff (a lot of clutter!) in Montreal, it can sometimes feel a bit bare in our house in Australia. However, that's not always a bad thing. Our goal is to only buy the necessities and a few things for decoration, that we really love. So, it's taking time to save and choose what we really want to buy for our new place. Having said that, I would say that 3 of our 6 rooms are complete. Our bedroom, the kitchen and the bathroom are all pretty much how we want them. So, I know we posted pics when we first moved in but we haven't really posted any since we actually started to do stuff to our home. Therefore, here's a few of the finished rooms...

First, our bedroom...
The doors leading from our bedroom to the front porch...


Same doors, just closed...


Our bedroom, as seen from the front porch, looking in...


The picture that Steve took at the beach turned out really nice framed for our wall...












The kitchen...








I love the kitchen windows! Very open and airy! We always have them open.


The view from our kitchen windows to our back yard...


The food/dishes cupboard...


Back doors leading to back deck and yard...


Same doors, just closed...


And finally, the bathroom...
It sucks that we don't have a bathtub but the shower is pretty big at least!


It's nice having a window in the bathroom...




Thank goodness there is some storage in the bathroom at least! The one thing about this house is that it has no closets or storage. It's not so bad for us because we don't have a lot to store, but I can see how it would limit who rents this place. We've decided to store some of our larger things under the house. We bought big bags to put the stuff in (like our suitcases), so nothing decides to live it them!


And that's it for now. Once we get the living room, dining room and spare room finished, I'll post those. After that it's outdoor furniture we'll need. Like I've said before, slowly but surely...but it is kind of fun!

5 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

I love your house!! I love everything about it. I was just telling Matt as hard as it would be...it'd be sort of fun to start off with all new stuff. It'd be very cleansing! Looks awesome!

Kristie said...

the house looks great Cari!

Anonymous said...

The place looks GREAT.

Paul.

Anonymous said...

I love the way you have done your house, very nice!

Anonymous said...

Cari with no bathtub??? I never thougth I would see the day :) I have a little tip to increase storage space in the bathroom. You can drape a fabric around the sink and store things underneath. My friend did that at her house and it looks amazing!
Your place is looking good! Do you have the egg magnet on your fridge yet? I couldn't tell.