Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Eggs and...Syrup...

I don't think you can get eggs anymore free range than this! This one came feathers and all! Too bad eggs have been added to the long list of things I can't eat at the moment. I'm still getting belly aches even with not eating dairy, wheat, soy, nuts or refined sugar, so we're cutting out the eggs to "see how I go" (another Aussie expression!). I'm not finding the whole eating thing too bad actually and I do see some improvement. I had my first acupuncture treatment on my belly today. Hopefully that, in combination with diet, will help speed the healing of my digestion up.



Oh! Look what I found at the store...100% Canadian maple syrup (I love the way it says that on the bottle!). I was happy about this...I didn't think you could get it here and the "Golden syrup" they sell here is yucky. It tastes like molasses. My buckwheat pancakes just got better and I can have this guilt free because it's natural sugar.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

mmmmm... syrup

George said...

Yup.....I`ve been on the real maple syrup for a couple months...ever since I switched to rice/buckwheat flour.

Kinda dear in price even here but a little goes a long way and I hide it in the fridge behind the hummus,saurkraut and kalamata olives.(wink)Nothing like a little culinary camoflague to keep one`s stash safe.

Check out this link Cari.....awesome site. Here`s the page for maple syrup.

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=115

Geo