Sunday, March 12, 2006

My first acupuncture appointment...

Well...what an experience. The acupuncture appointment went fine. The needles seemed to make my heart race, which kind of freaked me out BUT the deep tissue massage that they gave me after the needles came out was CRAZY. I swear internal body parts got moved around. My toes were curling! Tears were coming to my eyes. Apparently I have a lot of stress! Now today, you can see red marks all over my back from where they rubbed! But I have to say, I really think this might help with my neck and back pain! Even this morning I feel a little better than usual. They told me I should come twice a week at first but at $75 a visit, I don't think that will happen. I'm going to make another appointment for next week and see how that goes. It would be amazing if I could get through a day without a headache!
Cari

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, another alternative you might consider is some natural touch work. My friend Jes from Toronto is certified in this and although I don't know the specifics it is supposed to be really helpful if you can find a good healer. They basically use oras, healing-touch methods, creating heat with their hands and massages, etc., I am sure it would be less expensive and everyone who has seen her and boasted about good she made them feel. If it sounds like something you're interested in, let me know and I will ask Jes for actual treatment names and perhaps even a referral!

Ciao!
S.

Cari said...

Hey Shan!
I love the way you always leave comments! I keep trying to post on your blog but it doesn't work:( Anyway that sounds very interesting. I am going to try the acupuncture for awhile but I would definitely like to learn more about what your friend does. If your friend knows of someone good in Montreal that would be awesome! Thanks!