Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A quick update...

I have recovered from the 4 day worst headache of my life. Turns out it was the result of congested sinuses. I thought of everything but that, until a friend mentioned that might be what it is. I went for some acupuncture on Saturday and started taking some sinus medication and felt better that same day. Who knew that you could have such blocked sinuses but not have a stuffed up nose? Weird.
I've been trying to focus on my health again, as I think it's slipped dramatically since I started my new job. I'm tired all the time these days and have tension headaches daily. Sigh. I'm determined to find some balance in my life again and have been trying to make more time for me. Time to just relax, reflect and refresh. I think it's working already, but being the perfectionist that I am, I have a long way to go! Sometimes letting things go isn't so easy, especially when it comes to ignoring a messy house!
What else can I tell you...
Jesse ate a whole protein bar that Steve had left over from his endurance race. Luckily, it was only chocolate flavored and he seems fine. Really, what won't that dog eat...?
We're off for another camping adventure this coming weekend. We're heading back to Noosa (where we camped last time) on Saturday morning and coming back Sunday. I'm really looking forward to it. It was so peaceful last time. It'll be nice to unwind and get away. Steve's been super busy this week at work and has been staying late. I think we'll both be ready for some marshmallow roasting, wine drinking, campfire fun by Saturday!
Hope everyone is doing well. I think of you all so often, and even though I am absolutely dreadful at keeping touch, please know that you're all in my heart and I'm sending you positive vibes and love from here!:)
And just to leave you with a quote that I adore and found while browsing blogs (there are so many inspiring ones out there!)...

"Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit quietly on your shoulder..." Thoreau

I just love that.

3 comments:

Kat said...

I'm sorry I didn't think of that sooner...I had a sinus infection as well, and I hid under the covers for about a week, crying.
I'm glad that you've improved!
Take care of yourself! Miss you lots xox

Kristi Drennan said...

well I'm glad you figured it out and are feeling better. great quote! But I think the best quote that I've actually thought of a couple of times just in the past few days is your famous Cari quote "tomorrow is always fresh with no wrinkles" it's just always perfect! xo

Anonymous said...

That sounded really rough. I'm soo glad you are feeling better. :)

I'll think about you guys camping while I am already stomping around in my winter boots, and getting another quilt out of my closet and onto my bed. (Not at the same time.)