Thursday, October 09, 2008

I was sceptical but...

...Tomato Soup Cake isn't bad! Not sure if you've checked out Kristi's awesome blog lately(http://thedrennans.blogspot.com/) but she recently posted about this cake. I was definitely iffy about what it would be like but Kristi had only the yummiest reviews for it and I can never pass up the chance to try a new baking recipe. I was nervous, especially because I didn't really like the batter but...it was good! Very moist and kind of reminded me a bit of carrot cake without the carrots. Cream cheese goes well on it, as Kristi suggested, unfortunately, I had to use a crappy store bought cream cheese icing because my electric mixer died right as I was about to finish mixing the cake batter. Anyhoo, if you want to give it a go, you can find the full recipe at http://yumfunandthensome.blogspot.com/. Thanks for the recipe Kristi and thanks for always keeping things interesting! :)

1 comment:

Kristi Drennan said...

yours looks fluffier then mine does! You didn't like the batter?? I guess I liked it because I tried my chick pea chocolate chip batter and that stuff is GROSS! Are you sure you liked it...I got all nervous. I actually just found another tomato soup cake recipe but it had tomato's on top.....gross. Especially because the cake has a sweet taste. Oh I hope it was good.