Friday, December 21, 2007

Pandemic Pride

Just last week Auran Studios laid off almost all of there developers. Auran is a Brisbane based game studio that is one of the oldest game developers in Australia. Needles to say its a crappy time of year to get canned. Pandemic decided to throw a Christmas party for the guys that were laid off. So some of our HR crew through together a last minute Christmas Doo, renting out a bar and providing food, drinks and prizes to the X Auran staff.
I don't think I've ever said this about a place I've worked, and I might never say it again, but I was extremely proud of what Pandemic did for the Auran staff. About 40 Auran people showed up to enjoy the evening, and from what I heard this morning they had a good time and really appreciated Pandemic throwing them a party. Hopefully a lot of the laid off staff will get picked up by the other local studios, and I'm sure some will come work for us.

Anyway, hats off to our HR team.

Steve

2 comments:

George said...

Nice! Talk about the showing the spirit of the Season.

Merry Christmas kids.

Geo and family

MacPurdys said...

Very cool Steve. Sounds like a nice company. :)

Stac