Sunday, April 30, 2006

An update on our move...

Steve, Marc and Darryl moved most of the big stuff into the garage at our new place today...a special thanks to Marc for getting the truck! Tomorrow the people living there now should be out by early afternoon and then we can move in...I'll clean and we'll unpack. I'm not working on Monday so hopefully I'll get most of the important stuff in place by the time Tuesday comes. Tonight we're crashing at Darryl and Stacey's (thanks guys for the great hospitality as always!) and then tomorrow night is our first sleep in our new home...
Thanks to my friend Joanne who helped pack us up today...she's a crazy good packer! She gets stuff done! Oh that reminds me...Joanne and I went to the drugstore today and asked for boxes. So the guy goes in the back and finds us 5 small and kind of crappy boxes but they got the job done, so I was happy...We thank him and he says..."Next time I'll have to charge you." I laugh cause I think he's joking and then he says again with no smile..."Next time I'll put it on a bill." Charging for old boxes that are only going to get thrown away??? What has this world come to????

No comments: