Monday, January 24, 2011

Weekend Highlights...

We had a lovely, relaxed weekend. The highlights included dinner with our pals, Bruce and Claire on Friday night, followed by a visit to the yummiest ice cream place ever...
I've seen Cold Rock ads on TV but hadn't tried it until Friday night. Basically, you pick your ice cream...
...pick your candy or chocolate...
...get it all mashed together...
...and voila! The yummiest ice cream ever! I had Aussie vanilla and cookies and cream ice cream with M&Ms and Twix mixed in. Yum!!
On Saturday night, we got take away noodles and sipped white wine. If you look closely, the wine label says "Bridgewater" which is why I picked it. I'm originally from a town called Bridgewater and thought it was a sign. I also bought a bottle of wine recently because it was called "Henley", my maiden name. I think I see a trend developing here! And yes, I often choose wine based solely on it's label. And yes, I'm proud to say so! :)
Sunday involved getting my hubby to dye my hair. He's quite good at it! I'm an auburn/red head yet again and loving it! I needed a little bit of edge in my life...I've been brown for awhile now and was getting tired of it. It's funny how just changing your hair color can make you feel so much more yourself again! I like a little spunk in my life!

I also ran my first 5km last night and felt pretty good the whole time. I'm definitely seeing progress in regards to my 2011 goal of learning to run. It feels really good! I'll talk more about this soon...

I hope you all had a relaxing weekend too, whether you were soaking up the sun or bundling up in warm clothes! I think of you all! xoxo

2 comments:

Kaserine said...

Your weekend sounded a lot like mine! Noodles, hair dye, even Coldstone! Weird! :-)Bridgewater wine is pretty common here too!

Cari said...

weird indeed! and funny that 'cold rock' is called 'cold stone' in canada! hope you and baby are still doing well! xo