Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy Australia Day!

It's Australia Day today, a day when Aussies all over this wonderful country celebrate all things Australian. It also means we've officially been in this country for 4 years! Wow. The longer we are here, the more I fall in love with this place. It's just so beautiful...from the beaches to the outback, it's spectacular. But, really, truly, I think it's the Aussies themselves that make this country so fantastic. It's people like this guy who show what Australia is all about, saving kangaroos from the flood waters that recently devastated Queensland. I love this photo. It brought tears to my eyes! As a Canadian living in Australia, meeting and befriending Aussies everyday, I have to say, it's the Australian people that make me feel so at home here. Aussies really are just as cool and unique as their accents! :) So, Happy Australia Day to all you Aussies out there! Enjoy your day, you deserve it! xoxo

Photo originally found in Nine News flood pictures.

2 comments:

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

Cool looking face lift of the blog Cari!!
Good job..
I love that picture of this guy saving the Roos......
It was so devastating to see all the animals die with the flood waters.
So: Good on this guy!!!
xo
Mariana

Katherine said...

That guy is awesome!