Sunday, November 07, 2010

Sunny Melbourne

Melbourne in the sunshine is pretty fantastic! There are people everywhere doing everything from enjoying a BBQ in the park with their family to rollerblading with friends along the ocean or hanging out at fabulous cafes downtown, sipping lattes in sundresses and sandals. The city feels like it's awaken from a long nap and everyone is refreshed and ready to enjoy the months to come. On Saturday Jesse and I decided to do just that, get out and enjoy ourselves!
Steve had a big day of training on Saturday. He went on a 180 km bike ride, followed by a 10 km run. I seriously don't know where he gets his motivation or dedication but I have to say, it's pretty impressive! With only 4 weeks from today until the big Ironman race, he's doing very well! Jesse and I took a walk, hoping to surprise him on his ride with a little encouragement and a pat on the back. Luckily, we saw him along the way and had a quick chat and photo before he continued on his merry ride. He wasn't quite as easy to spot as I thought he would be. I learned that a lot of people wear red and white jerseys and I even saw two other riders with Canadian ones! How on earth will I ever be able to pick him out of 1200 athletes on the day of the race?
Afterward, Jesse and I walked to the dog beach, where we spent lots of time doing nothing but playing in the water and taking photos. Good times...


Jesse really liked it too! As for Steve, he successfully finished his training day and still managed a mountain bike ride with me today in the park. What a guy, eh? :)

1 comment:

Heather G said...

Great description of Melbourne, spot on! I can't wait to return in March!