Saturday, January 05, 2008

Day 5 - Friday...heading home...

Friday morning the boat docked in Cairns at about 7:15 a.m. All the guests enjoyed a lovely breakfast before heading off in all different directions. I woke up feeling a bit crappy. I thought it was maybe just the wine that I had drank the night before, but seeing that I had only had 2 glasses, that was wishful thinking. I felt worse and worse as the day went on. Yup, I had caught the dreadful flu bug that was going around the ship. We were planning to do a bit of shopping in Cairns before heading to the airport for our 1:25 p.m. flight, but instead opted for a cab directly to the airport, where I ended up sleeping on Steve's lap and trying not to get sick in front of a zillion travelers! Let's just say that the flight home was difficult! But, just like in Steve's case, if I had to be sick, it was good timing in that it didn't mean us missing out on anything too exciting. It really just made for a rough trip back to Brisbane! We picked Jesse up right after arriving and got home around 5 p.m. I went straight to bed and didn't get up until 9 a.m. the next morning! It felt SO good to be home, sick, in my own bed! Apparently, Jesse also had an upset stomach and spent the entire night throwing up. Steve was a trooper and took good care of us both! Poor Jes...he must have eaten something he shouldn't have at the kennel. Either way, we're both feeling much better today. We really did have the perfect trip, sickness aside! In the picture you can see where the guys tying the boat up broke one of the fire hydrant pipes and water went everywhere. Luckily, there are no water restrictions in Cairns!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Cari and Steve! Fantastic photos as always...thanks so much for sharing. I'm so glad you had such a great vacation! :-)