Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Canada!


In honor of this special weekend, I made spiced apple and pear crumble. Apples remind me of autumn and autumn reminds me of Thanksgiving, so it's perfect! It's extra good when drizzled with cream...yummmmmmmmmmmmmm!:)


I also made a Halloween wreath for our door. The spiders glow in the dark...spooky! I'm not sure if Halloween is even celebrated in Melbourne. I'm sure if it is, it's still nothing like home but I'm still really looking forward to it! We're having a Halloween party in my Kinder class and I'm already planning my costume!:)


Now, hopefully we can find Halloween pumpkins in this city. I managed to find them last year in Brisbane, so I'm optimistic that I will here too!


I also made this banner for over our bed a couple of days ago. It was inspired by the book I recently bought, Handmade Home. I've made 4 projects from the book so far and have really liked them all! I love using materials I already have lying around to create new things for around our home.



Remember these flowers I picked last weekend? Well, they're still going strong! I think they're actually prettier than ever! This makes me very happy:)

I'm having an absolute wonderful weekend, despite missing the turkey dinner with our families at home! The weather has been *perfect*. Yesterday it was 20 degrees with sunshine and today it's 22 degrees with blue sky. I had an amazing catch up on the phone yesterday with my soul mate friend, Kristi and as always felt incredibly inspired after our 2 hour chat! Steve and I went out for dinner last night at our favorite Greek restaurant and today we're off to buy him a suit for a birthday party he's going to. I can't wait to see him all dressed up. He's going to look gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!! xo

Lastly, I can't write a Thanksgiving post without reflecting on what I'm thankful for. I try to be grateful and thankful everyday for all the love and life around me, but it's nice to write it down and share it on the special occasions!

My list of the things I am thankful for;

~I am very thankful to be working in a job that inspires, challenges and teaches me. I feel very blessed to be going to a job I enjoy each day.

~I am thankful that life has brought us to the amazing city of Melbourne. I am enjoying every minute of our time here and am so looking forward to all there is still to see in do in the seasons to come.

~In keeping with the Melbourne theme, I am thankful for the change in seasons I see, smell and enjoy here. Last night Steve and I were walking home from the tram and it just smelled so fresh and crisp. I haven't smelled that smell since we lived in Canada. I think the distinct season changes help to keep life exciting and always offers such great things to look forward to!

~I am thankful that Jesse is still a healthy and happy dog. He really does make my life that much better, even if he doesn't listen at the park and runs smack into the middle of a competitive cricket game, chasing their ball and causing an "infringement", with me running behind him like a crazy lady. Yup, that was yesterday. I can laugh about it now.

~Of course, I am thankful for Steve, who I love more and more each day. But, he already knows that...I tell him all the time how happy I am we're married!:)

~I am thankful that I am able to visit my family and friends at home in only a few short weeks! Yah!!!

Okay, I could probably go on and on but I'll give you a turn! Please take a minute to comment and let me know what you're thankful for this year:)



3 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

Thankful for soul mate friend chats! And cute babies that even though they wake up at 1am, that they are so excited to stay up late with Mom that it makes them extra cute!

We forgot to keep talking about handmade home. Seriously I could talk all day long with you and we'd never run out of stuff to cover!

So you're totally loving it? Love the banner above your headboard. Maybe I'll get that book too. There is a couple of things that I want to do from The Creative Family it's just getting the stuff...but it's always fun to read inspiring crafty books!

xoxo friend!

I'm hoping to go to bed sometime tonight!

OH and I made GOOP today!

Sara said...

This year I am thankful for:

- My family and friends, without them life wouldn't be the same.
- My new job at the Y and the kids. It's a great feeling to have a job I love soooo much.
- Tucker. It wouldn't be the same without waking up with his drool on my pillow xoxo
- My health
- Laughter, everyone needs a good laugh.

Kaserine said...

Awesome wreath! That crumble looks delish!
Love your night stands too!