Sunday, April 03, 2011

Weekend Photos

We had a really nice weekend, in spite of getting some unhappy news at the end of last week. The project that Steve's been working on for the last 2 years was canceled, which in his industry always makes me nervous. It's not the best field for job security and I admit, I was a little worried on Thursday and Friday. But after a very chilled out and enjoyable weekend together, I feel really at peace with things. What's meant to be will be. Plus, who can stay worried and unhappy when you are eating pancakes with this sweet puppy sitting beside you bumming for a bite?
A few more photos from the last few days...
We bummed around the city yesterday and cafe hopped trying coffee. It was a lot of fun! The verdict: Starbucks coffee is complete crap in comparison to adorably charming cafes around Melbourne.
My chili plant is growing! And let me tell you, those little peppers are hot hot hot!
Easter daisies. I'm so looking forward to a five day Easter break!!
Carrot muffins, gluten and dairy free. I really need to get back on track with my eating. Gluten and dairy just tastes so darn good!!
I got new running shoes! I tried them out tonight and they worked very well. I'm comfortably running 6 km now and planning to start adding on 2 km in the next month in preparation for the 8 km Mother's Day run in May. It feels good to see myself progressing and have my fitness improving.
Although eating foods like this may be a little counterproductive! ;)
I guess if we're going to indulge in food and wine, it's only fair that Jesse does to...
...dog beer, anyone? No, we didn't buy this for him but it was pretty funny to see this on the shelf at the pet store! Has anyone given this to their pooch?

Our time turned back last night and I broke down and turned on the heat for the first time this year. Winter is here, like it or not. I think it's time to buy myself some cozy new slippers and maybe even a new jacket for the season. If you can't beat it, join it, right? :)

2 comments:

George said...

Ugh! Sorry to hear that.....hopefully something turns up in the job market. Pics are great. Congrats on the running.
Geo

Kristi Drennan said...

Oh man! Stinkin' animation industry!! We'll have to have a chat soon. And you're for sure right...what's meant to be will be :)