Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Keeping busy as always!

We had a super busy weekend...again! Steve and I both took Friday off and then Monday was a holiday here (Labor Day), so we had a nice long weekend. Steve even had today off, so he's had quite the little mini vacation! Debbie leaves to go back tomorrow morning, so we wanted to make the most of the last weekend that she was here. We spent Friday day shopping at one of the larger shopping centres in the suburbs (Debbie and I got some great deals but Steve didn't find much...guy shopping in Brisbane isn't that great!) and Friday night, I went to a staff meeting at my new job...it was a great way to meet everyone before my first day and I think it'll help make my first day not so overwhelming! Saturday, we headed off to Byron Bay for snorkling, more shopping (this time Steve was the one who found some great stuff!) and dinner. As previously posted by the hubby, we all really liked the snorkling! Sunday, we took a walk all along the water in Redcliffe, ate take away fish and chips and got biten by mean ants! I had 2 major welts on my leg....it hurt!!! Note: do not sit directly on Australian grass without assessing the surroundings first! This is twice I have been biten by those crazy ants while sitting on the grass in a park! You'd think I would learn! We made our way to a picnic table quite quickly after that experience! Then...Sunday night we went on the Kookaburra boat cruise. It's a boat that goes up and down the Brisbane river and serves a buffet dinner. We all really enjoyed it...food was good and the view from the water was beautiful! Below are some photos of the evening. Monday, we took Jes to Bribie Island, just basically relaxed in the sun, before heading back to shower and go to Darryl and Stacey's for a delicious dinner!!! Thanks guys! Phewf! Busy, busy!

Doesn't it look pretty with the lights?




Steve took this picture of me and his Mom through the window from outside the boat.
The city skyline is so pretty here.





No comments: