Sunday, December 31, 2006

Bare walls

Christmas has come to an early end in our house this year. As most of you now know, Steve and I are leaving for Australia on January 21st and have pretty much sold everything we own. We have kept our very special and sentimental things and those things are being sent to Nova Scotia on Wednesday (the 3rd). Since that of course includes, all of my treasured Christmas decorations, Steve and I took everything down yesterday and packed it to be shipped. It's very bare in here! It's good that we've had the Christmas stuff up or it would have been quite depressing living in such an empty, bare apartment for so long! Anyway, it was a little sad to pack up my Christmas ornaments, knowing I won't see them again for years, but once I got over that, I started to just get really excited. I packed some of my summer clothes as a trial run, to see just what I can and can't take. Steve and I will each have 2 suitcases of stuff when we leave...that's it!!! I was actually pretty impressed with myself. I have a lot packed already and still have lots of room! Luckily girls' summer clothes are usually quite tiny;) So, as I look around the apartment today, I get very excited about our move and all the adventures ahead. I think of selling all our stuff, as a very exciting fresh start...a great way to de-clutter and buy new stuff that you really like! Plus it's a great reason to HAVE to shop in Brisbane! :)

1 comment:

Nothing said...

hi! you've got a fantastic blog here! keep up the good work!