Thursday, February 26, 2009

What the heck is happening with us??

I know you have all been waiting patiently for an update, but really, there hasn't been much to report. Steve and I have been waiting patiently as well!
Having said that, we have had some news in the last few days. As most of you know, Pandemic Studios closed down a couple of weeks ago and Steve was left without a job. There was hope of an investor re-opening the studio and re-hiring the team, but sadly we learned just a few days ago that the investor pulled out and that wasn't to be. So, we were left with some deciding to do. When Steve lost his job, the clock started ticking, counting down the days until they cancel our work visas (I say "ours" because my visa is attached to Steve's) and so, we have had to decide fairly quickly what we want to do/where we want to go. I was quite open to moving back to Canada, or anywhere really, until I actually realized that we might have to do it! Then, I had a real reality check that I'm not ready for our time down under to be cut so short! We still have so much we want to see and do! Steve felt the same and so, we have decided to do all we can to stay. That means that Steve is looking for work here and we are keeping our fingers crossed. He's had some interest, but until anything is concrete, I don't want to jinx it! I'll keep you posted as we know more. For now, I am still able to work and Steve is trying to enjoy some time off. I suppose, one bonus about an entire studio being laid off is that you get to be unemployed with all your friends! And, well, Brisbane isn't a bad place to be left with free days to fill:) Until we hear more about a job for Steve, we'll carry on like normal. Thanks again for still checking in and keeping in touch! I promise to keep you posted...

3 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

Well I just know it's going to work out...I just know it.

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

Hang in there!!!
You'll see everything is going to be alright. Let us know if you need anyhthing...

Kat said...

Thanks for the update. I'm happy to hear that you guys are trying your best to stay. It goes without saying that we'd all love to see you back again but let's face it, AUS really agrees with you! It's a truly awesome place, and I can't even picture you not living near a beach (esp Jessie!) :-).
Keeping my fingers crossed xox