Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Doggie treats

Jesse and I just finished baking some dog treats for Jes and thought I would share the recipe with anyone who makes homemade dogs snacks. I make this kind a lot. They are super easy and Jes really likes them. Although he also likes hand cream and hair glue, so he might not be the best one to go by. Either way...Here's the recipe:
Golden Cheese Dreams:
3 cups of whole wheat flour
2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
In a large bowl, combine flour and garlic powder. Make a well in the flour mixture and stir in oil, cheese, beaten egg and milk until well blended. Knead dough on a floured surface, about 3 minutes. With a rolling pin, roll dough to 1/2 inch thick. Cut with a small cookie cutter. Place on greased baking sheet and put in 400 degree oven for 25 minutes. I let them cool and then place them in freezer bags and freeze them. It makes a lot and this way they last a long time. I give them to Jes frozen, as a special snack. Jesse is so cute when I bake for him. He knows it's for him and he stays with me the whole time and literally lays by the oven while they bake. No joke. It must be a familiar smell that makes him know when it's for him and when it's not.

No comments: